Section 1: The Internet Customer Anti-Spam Creed
- I will not ever respond to unsolicited e-mail or telephone spam.
- I will not buy or show any interest in any product sold by a
(That includes refusing to buy from store chains that have spammed you.)
- I will not forward copies of any unsolicited e-mail to anyone
other than my Internet Providers abuse incident department, or other
- I will promptly report all unsolicited e-mail involving illegal
activities to the authorities.*
- When I report spam to the authorities or my Internet Provider,
I will provide the complete message, including all headers.
- I will not participate in chain letters of any sort.
- I will make sure that all computers under my control cannot be
used by hackers or spammers.
- I will make sure that my computers have the latest software
security updates and all unneeded functions of my computers are turned off.
fetching and other automated features of the mail reading software that I
use which spammers and hackers can exploit.
- I will avoid making my e-mail address easy for spammers to obtain.
- I will not attempt to gain access or to use the services of
computers that I am not authorized to access.
- If my Internet Provider won't deal with spam or other abuse
coming from their own customers, I will change providers.
- If mail I am expecting is delayed or blocked by the actions of my
Internet Provider (because the mail is coming from a place with an ongoing
spam or abuse problem), I will understand my Internet Providers actions.
I will also encourage my correspondent to switch to a different Internet
Provider that does not have a spam or abuse problem.
* FRAUD WARNING: Any situation where someone you don't know is offering you
lottery or similar prizes that you did not sign up for, or someone offers
you a money in exchange for your participation in a funds transfer, these
are ALL scams and are also ILLEGAL. People just do NOT give you
thousands of dollars for next to nothing. That's why they want you to
keep the incident confidential.
This information is provided by the author and contributors "AS IS" and any
express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied
warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are
disclaimed. In no event shall the author or contributors be liable for
any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages
(including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods of services;
loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and
on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort
(including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of
this information even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
There is no obligation to provide any form of support, updates or assistance,
and such queries may not receive any acknowledgment.
Section 2: The Internet Providers Anti-Spam Creed
Section 3: Internet Customer Anti-Spam Responsibilities
The Anti-Spam Index
[Copyright 2002,2003,2005 Frank Durda IV, All Rights Reserved.
Mirroring of any material on this site in any form is expressly prohibited.
The official web site for this material is: http://nemesis.lonestar.org
Contact this address for use clearances: clearance at nemesis.lonestar.org
Comments and queries to this address: web_reference at nemesis.lonestar.org]
Visit the nemesis.lonestar.org
home page and index